Slightly Askew Winery
Slightly Askew Winery
913 North Bridge Street
Elkin, NC 28621
What a quaint little winery! Slightly Askew is conveniently located right off a main road (North Bridge Street) in Elkin, NC. We pulled in behind the building to park and enter the tasting room where we were greeted by one of the owners, Walt an easy going, friendly, knowledgeable man. He said Slightly Askew had been open for about 12 years and their wine is made and bottled on site, but the grapes are imported from different places.
They have a great selection for sweet and dry wine lovers (something for everyone), but what makes Slightly Askew “Slightly” different is it’s creative choices of wine names like: Penny for your thoughts, Crooked Toe, Slut Dog, Drama Kween, and more. Some named after family pets which have unique stories that add a lighthearted humor to the place. The wine is priced great, and you get around 7 samples in a tasting. The cozy back porch is a great spot to sit with friends and have a good time.
Visit Slightly Askew Winery on your next trip to Elkin, NC and visit their website at slightlyaskewwines.com for full list of wines, events, and hours!
- February Special 15% off your stay (2-night min.)
- March 4th March Mimosa’s 9am-11am
- March 11th March Mimosa’s 9am-11am
- March 17th St. Patrick’s Day
- March 18th “2nd Annual Byrd’s Branch Open” Disc Golf Tournament
Starts at 11am/After Party 4:30pm-7:30pm
- March 25th March Mimosa’s 9am-11am
Cooking at Camp
Skillet Pound Cake & Berries Dessert
- 12–16 oz fresh berries
- tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 lb pound cake
- 2 Rolo candy bars
- Combine the berries and the sugar in a bowl and let sit until the juices start to release, 10-15 minutes.
- Place a grate over hot coals (or you can use a grill). Add the butter to a 12” cast iron skillet and allow to melt. Cut the pound cake into 1” cubes. Add to the hot skillet and cook, turning often, until all sides are toasted. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Sprinkle the berries over the top of the cake cubes, then sprinkle the Rolos over the top. Cover the skillet with foil and allow to sit until the berries are warm and the chocolate is melting, 5-10 minutes.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955