Round Peak Vineyards
Round Peak Vineyards
765 Round Peak Church Rd.
Mount Airy, NC 27030
Open daily April-December 12-5pm and Friday-Sunday January-March.
Walking into Round Peak Vineyard we were greeted by a friendly, knowledgeable staff member, after ordering a flight we went out the back to a nice patio area where we could sit and overlook the vineyard with a beautiful view of Round Peak Mountain in the distance.
The wine was fantastic it was hard to pick a favorite, they also provide a large selection of beers from it’s sister brand company Skull Camp Brewery. (Side note) Although we did not have our dogs with us it is nice to know that Round Peak is a kid and dog friendly winery.
But the main thing that enticed us to visit there is the 18-hole disc golf course around the vineyard at no charge, but you must sign a waiver before playing the course, bring your own disc or you can rent out a set from the tasting room. Being as though we have a 9-hole disc golf course at Byrd’s Branch Campground it is nice to see how others are set up and how challenging they are, you will definitely get your exercise with this course, but it was lovely and a great way to spend the day!
Round Peak also has a couple of cabins you can rent, Harvest Host for RVers, and they offer wedding and private party events.
Make sure to check out https://www.roundpeak.com/events/. For information on their Annual Skull Camp “Camp Out” weekend fun for the whole family camping under the stars, with live music, dinner, smore’s and continental breakfast. And for other great events!
- November 11th Veteran’s Day
- November 12th “2nd Annual Veteran’s Day Chili Cookoff” 4:30-6:30pm. (Veterans receive special discount)
- November 24th Thanksgiving Day
- November 26th Friendsgiving Breakfast & Raffle Drawing (Win a free 2-night stay)
- December 3rd Family Christmas movie night with hot cocoa & popcorn. (Decorate your sites)
- December 7th Light up Elkin
- December 9th Jonesville/Elkin Christmas Parade
Cooking at Camp
“DIY” Foil packet dinner
- 1 pound hamburger or sausage, (or a combination)
- 1 cup baby red potatoes, quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced into coins
- 1/2 onion, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup canned green beans
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- fresh or dried herbs and spices of your choice
- Prepare 4 sheets of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil into 12-inch sheets.
- Divide the ingredients among the four pieces of foil and place the food in the center of each piece, layering the butter, hamburger and or sausage with the vegetable’s spices, herbs, and flavorings of your choice. Fold the two long edges toward one another and fold over once or twice then crimp tightly. Fold and crimp each short end of the foil toward the middle so that the edges are all tightly sealed.
- For cooking in the oven, bake on a baking sheet at 350ºF for about 30 minutes.
- For cooking on a grill, cook on medium high for about 10-15 minutes each side, turning occasionally.
- Let the packets cool slightly before serving. Carefully open the packets and serve.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955