Holiday Traditions – December 2021 Newsletter
One of my fondest holiday traditions when my children were younger was Christmas morning cinnamon rolls, my kids beamed with excitement ready to eat them, it was the one sweet indulgent that made that day special. I asked a handful of guests to share a fond holiday memory/tradition with me, here are their replies:
Christmas breakfast at my brother’s house we all come in our pj’s, also doing cookies with my grandkids -Teresa H.
Riding around looking at Christmas lights is one of my favorite things to do. -Kelly R.
Doing Elf on the shelf, putting out Christmas cookies, milk, and watching Christmas Vacation. -Greg H.
One of my favorite memories was looking forward to Christmas breakfast at my grandparents growing up, also stringing popcorn for the tree, drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies, then driving around to looks at Christmas lights. -Heather C.
The common theme is my wife Ginger cooking and baking for everyone it’s what she likes to do most. -Ken M.
On December 1st we decorate our Christmas Tree, I love going through all of the personalized ornaments that we have been given throughout the years, we also give our daughters a new ornament every year so they get to open a new one on that day, going back through those bring up so many happy memories. -Kristy Y.
Winter Holiday Festivities:
12/03/2021 Light Up Elkin (Downtown Elkin)
12/04/2021 Christmas Extravaganza, 1611 N. Bridge St. Elkin, NC 28621
12/12/2021 Yadkin Valley Christmas Parade (Jonesville to Elkin, NC)
Visit Cypresstrailsevents.com for a Magical Light Show experience 157 Interstate way, Elkin, NC 28621 (910) 574-5396
January’s Winter Special 15% off your stay .
Sweetheart’s weekend 2/11 – 2/13 receive a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolate.
March is Guest Appreciation Month! Mimosas and Muffins every Saturday Morning. Guest receive 15% off their stay.
Jeremy Miller & Family – October’s Food Drive Raffle winner who received a free 2-night stay.
1st Annual Chili Cookoff Winner’s:
1st Place “To Bean or Not to Bean” -Nancy Cox
2nd Place “Hillbilly Chili” -Maria Wiggins
3rd Place “The 3 Amigo’s” -Eric & Melinda Hoots/Gray Hauser
Cooking at Camp Recipes:
Cake and Berry Campfire Cobbler
• 2 cans (21 ounces each) raspberry pie filling
• 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
• 1-1/4 cups water
• 1/2 cup canola oil
• Vanilla ice cream, optional
• Prepare grill or campfire for low heat, using 16-20 charcoal briquettes or large wood chips.
• Line an ovenproof Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil; add pie filling. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water and oil. Spread over pie filling.
• Cover Dutch oven. When briquettes or wood chips are covered with white ash, place Dutch oven directly on top of 8-10 of them. Using long-handled tongs, place remaining briquettes on pan cover.
• Cook until filling is bubbly, and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean, 30-40 minutes. To check for doneness, use the tongs to carefully lift the cover. If desired, serve with ice cream.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Call For Reservations:
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955