Happy New Year 2023
Happy New Year 2023 is here!
Camping during winter can have it’s perks typically it’s not too busy and you are more likely to find a site easily. Also, most places offer a winter discount or seasonal rate. And it’s always a great way to destress and enjoy time with the family!
Winter Camping at Byrd’s Branch things to do:
- Build a campfire & Roast marshmallows
- Go exploring
- Visit Wineries or book a wine hopping tour with Elkin Vine Line
- Take a hike on the mountain-to-sea trail to Carter Falls & Grassy Creek Vineyard
- Do a Scavenger hunt
- Go Antiquing
- Visit Stone Mountain State Park
- Check out Mount Airy and visit the Andy Griffith Museum
- Cook some delicious meals or try a new restaurant
- Read a good book
- Play a card/board game
- Create a hot cocoa bar or adult beverage bar
- Make crafts
- Do a movie night
- If weather allows have a snowball fight or go sledding
- January Winter Special 15% off stay (2-night min.)
- January 16th Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February Guest Appreciation Month 15% off Stay (2-night min.)
- February 10th-12th Sweetheart’s Weekend Receive a complimentary bottle of wine & chocolate with stay
- February 14th Valentine’s Day
- February 25th Mardi Gras Beads & Dice Game
Cooking at Camp
Campfire Ham & Bean Soup
- 1-pound dried navy beans
- 2 small onions
- 8 cups water
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked lean ham (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 smoked ham hocks
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in an ovenproof Dutch oven; add enough water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1-4 hours or until beans are softened.
- Chop 1 onion; slice second onion and separate into rings. Set onions aside. Drain and rinse beans, discarding liquid. Return beans to the pan. Add reserved onions; stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover pan and place on the grill rack over indirect medium heat.
- Cover grill: cook for 1 hour or until beans are almost tender. Uncover Dutch oven; cover grill and cook 30 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Discard ham hocks.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955