Adagio Vineyard Elkin NC
Adagio Vineyard Elkin NC
Adagio is a musical term meaning slowly with passion. This is exactly what you will experience when you visit Adagio Vineyards. The 2400 sq/ft tasting room sits above the 3000 sq/ft winery which was intentionally built underground to control the temperature and humidity. As you approach the entryway, be ready to be greeted by a bubbly and smiling Mandy. She immediately welcomes you and guides you to the perfect spot for you and your company. At this point all you need to do is sit back and relax. Mandy is about to give you the wine experience of a lifetime. As you sip your wine and taste the varieties, Mandy will begin to teach you about the wine in your glass and the intimate details of each one.
Mandy is a bonus that makes this an incredible experience, but we all know why you went to Adagio and that was to try the wine. Most of their wines are dry with fruit forward but they do have a Coda for those with a semi-sweet pallet. From the Vivace “lively” 2019 white to the Harmony Red Blend you are bound to find one you love at a reasonable price. Check out the wine selection here https://adagiovineyards.com/wines/
Are you a chocolate lover? February they are featuring wine and chocolate flights. Pick 4 wines with 4 truffles for $28 or 2 flights for $52. Enjoy snacks made by local artisans like Bear Food Peanuts, Brasstown Truffles and Red Clay Pimento Cheese.
Whatever your plans are for your visit here in Elkin, Adagio is a must!
139 Benge Dr.
Elkin, NC 28621
- February 3rd “Hit Me Like a Hurricane” Happy Campers Social 4:30-6:30pm
- February 9th-11th Sweetheart’s weekend. Receive a complimentary bottle of wine & chocolate.
- February 14th Valentines Day
- February 17th Family fun day
- February 19th President’s Day
- February 24th Morning Mimosas 9-11am
Cooking at Camp
Dutch Oven Lasagna
- 2 cups whole-milk ricotta
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 4 cups jarred marinara or tomato sauce.
- 9 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (12 noodles)
- 1-pound Italian sausage, casings removed, and meat chopped into small pieces, optional
- Two 8-ounce bags shredded mozzarella (about 4 cups)
You will need a 12-inch 8-quart Dutch oven with a lid.
- Mix the ricotta, Italian seasoning, egg and 1/2 cup Parmesan in a medium bowl until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup sauce and 1/2 cup water to the bottom of a large Dutch oven with a lid. Top with 3 noodles, breaking them as necessary to fit. Pour 1 cup sauce over the noodles and spread to cover. Dollop a third of the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles and spread it out with the back of a spoon. Sprinkle a third of the sausage on top of the ricotta if using. Sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella. Repeat the layers 2 more times with the noodles, sauce, ricotta, sausage if using and mozzarella. Finish with another layer of noodles and the remaining 1/2 cup sauce. Top with the remaining 1 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Cover with the lid.
- Prepare coal or a campfire for cooking at medium-high heat. Arrange the coals so there is a hole in the center large enough to hold the Dutch oven without it touching any of the coals directly. Place the Dutch oven in the hole. With tongs or a shovel, place a few coals on the lid of the Dutch oven. Cook for 20 minutes, rotating the pot occasionally. Remove the coals from the lid and take the Dutch oven off the fire. Let sit, covered, for 15 minutes more. Serve immediately.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955