2022 Happy New Year!
~Dwaine and Larena Carrier
Cool Nights cuddling by the Campfire with a cup of hot cocoa in the hand, winter camping is the best! Of course, being properly prepared is key for camping during the winter season.
Being full time RVers one of the first things we noticed during winter was the condensation on the windows, down the walls, and floors so you may want to get you a window insulation shrink kit (very easy to install) or a dehumidifier, opening cabinets especially where your clothes are stored to allow the warmth in will also help with any mildew buildup. Here are some more tips needed when winter camping grab you a heated hose, extra insulation, and stock up on propane. On real cold nights you may need to let your faucets drip to prevents any frozen pipes. Having proper clothing like hats, gloves, boots, layered clothes, good blankets, belly warming meals and don’t forget the firewood!
All will help make your winter camping trip an enjoyable experience.
Congratulations! You won a Free 2-Night Stay!
- Friendsgiving raffle winner! “Brian Ketner & Family”
- November’s food drive raffle winner! “Richard Phillips & Family”
2/11/22-2/13/22 Sweetheart’s weekend. Receive a complementary bottle of wine and chocolate.
March 2022 is Guest Appreciation Month! Mimosas and muffins every Saturday morning guest receive 15% off their stay.
4/15/22-4/17/22 Easter Weekend. Easter Egg Surprise (Pick an egg at check-in, win a prize)
Saturday 4/16/22 Easter crafts, popcorn and snow cones.
Cooking at Camp Recipes:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (32-ounce) cartons chicken broth
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1½ cups vinegar-based barbecue sauce*
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound chopped smoked pork
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes or until just tender. Stir in broth and next 6 ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in pork, chicken, pepper, and salt, and simmer 30 minutes more.
Byrd’s Branch Campground is located in the Foothills of Elkin, North Carolina. With 14 RV sites and 4 tent sites it offers a relaxing getaway the whole family can enjoy!
Call For Reservations:
Dwaine Carrier: 336-366-0603
Larena Carrier: 336-366-9955